To connect speaker wire to a wall plate, follow these steps:
1. Use wire strippers to strip about 1/2 inch (1.27 cm) of insulation from each end of the speaker wire.
2. Unscrew the speaker jacks on the wall plate that are labeled with “+” and “-”.
3. Insert the “+” wire of the speaker wire into the jack labeled with “+”, then insert the “-” wire into the jack labeled with “-”. Make sure the wires are flattened above the jack to ensure a good connection, and ensure the plug is held securely in place by the securing screw.
4. Snap the jack cover back into place on the wall plate, ensuring it is secure.
5. Repeat these steps for any other speaker wires you need to connect.