Metal Wall Panel Cladding: A Style and Installation Guide to Give Your Home a Fresh Look
Metal wall panel cladding is a stylish and practical way to upgrade your home décor. By choosing the right style and finish, it’s an easy and inexpensive way to match other furniture décor. It also protects your walls and electrical outlets.
Different Types of Metal Wall Panel Coverings
There are several types of metal wall panel coverings to choose from. The following are some of the most popular types:
1. Stainless steel – modern and shiny in color, making the entire space extra stylish.
2. Brushed brass – has a warm yellow sheen that is perfect for traditional or vintage style interiors;
3. Antique copper – creates a warm, generous and rustic atmosphere. Perfect for guest rooms, study rooms, small meeting rooms and other areas.
4. Bronze – If you want to inject a touch of industrial style into your home, choose a bronze finish. This type of covering complements an exposed brick wall or concrete floor.
Once you’ve chosen the right metal wall panel covering for your home, it’s important to make sure it’s installed properly to ensure maximum durability and a professional look. The following are some installation tips:
1. Turn off the power to the outlet before replacing the old covering or installing the new covering.
2. Use a knife or screwdriver to remove the old covering.
3. Place the new overlay right in the center of the receptacle and use a screwdriver to mount it to the wall and secure it.
4. If the outlet is not flush with the wall, use spacers to make sure the covering is smooth.
5. Use a level to make sure the covering is level.
In summary, metal wall panel overlays offer a low-cost, easy-to-implement way to upgrade your home décor while also protecting your electrical outlets. By choosing the right style and finish, it can work well with other furniture and décor to give your home a fresh look. Be sure to follow proper installation procedures for professional-looking results.